Happy February! During this month of love, here are some sweet ideas to keep your heart in tip-top shape:
- Get moving! Your heart is a muscle and any type of movement helps strengthen it. Whether it’s walking or working out, movement is super important!
- Breathe! When you feel stressed, recognize it and implement some kind of breathing technique to calm yourself. We suggest taking ten deep inhales and exhales.
- Did you know that your diet can impact your risk of heart disease? Try adding these heart-healthy foods to your diet: Avocados, berries, whole grains, beans, walnuts, tomatoes, garlic, seeds, and dark chocolate.
- Fiber is oh-so important for your heart health… it’s been linked to lower the risk of heart disease, too! Take a look at how much fiber you are consuming and consider making an adjustment.
- Vary your exercise routine regularly- Try new things or do something different. Variety is the spice of your heart’s life!
Learn more heart healthy tips by following us on Facebook!